Levels and checkpoints
The levels for Test environments are typified as follows:
- Forming: Test environments enable consistent automation execution.
- Norming: Test environments are continuously kept up-to-date at all test levels.
- Performing: Test environments support Business Process Testing.
Please find the checkpoints below.
|1. The test environments are available for test automation when needed.
2. Relevant tooling can access the environments.
3. The test environments are reliable and enables consistent execution of automated testing.
4. Changes to the test environments are planned and communicated.
|1. The test environments are continuously available.
2. Each automated test level is supported by the test environments.
3. The test environments support automated testing across applications/systems/components.
4. The test environments for automated testing are continuously kept up-to-date.
|1. The test environment for testing at (user) acceptance level is production like and used for automated testing.
2. The validity of the test environments is regularly checked.
3. The test environments support automated testing across end-to-end business processes.
4. A mechanism to efficiently support testing in different configurations is in place (e.g. virtualization).