Levels and checkpoints
The levels for Device policy are typified as follows:
- Mobile basics: The tests are performed on randomly available test devices
- Mobile advanced: Test devices are accurately selected
- Mobile expert: Test devices selection is continuously evaluated
Please find the checkpoints below.
|1. Physical devices are used in testing in an ad hoc manor.
2. Emulators and simulators are used for testing new OS releases.
3. A budget for test devices is provided by the organization.
|1. Analytics (App store and Market analysis) are performed to narrow down choices in device selection.
2. A Cloud lab is available for devices that are not physically present.
3. The device lab is designed so that it can be used for multiple types of tests.
|1. The market is analyzed periodically in order to update the test lab.
2. There is a policy for updating the software on the devices to make educated decisions.
3. (beta) user devices are used for robustness testing.